Effective Date: January 1, 2021
Last Revised: January, 2021
Our Website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information relating to children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not use the Website, do not attempt to register for or make use of the Website, and do not share any Personal Information about yourself with us. For more information, please refer to the Children section below.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
The types of Personal Information that we will collect and use will depend on various circumstances, for example, your relationship with us and the method you use to interact with us. Personal Information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records;
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information; or,
- Information excluded from the scope of applicable privacy laws, such as:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- Personal Information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
In particular, we collect the following categories and types of Personal Information:
- Contact information (such as name, email address, mailing address, and phone number);
- Personal identifiers (such as Social Security Number (SSN), date of birth, other government issued identifier(s), account name, online identifier, and signature);
- Financial information (such as bank, credit or debit card number, account type, routing number, bank institution name, account balances, credit history, investment activity, income or source of funds, and payment/transaction history);
- Commercial information (such as primary business address, secondary business address, ownership information, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies, home purchase or rental information, such as the address, type of home, and price range.
- Professional or employment-related information (such as occupation, title, and prior employment history);
- Demographic information (such as age, date of birth, gender, race, color, origin, citizenship, and ethnicity);
- Personal characteristics (such as marital status and familial information);
- Geolocation data (such as city/state, zip code, physical location or movements);
- Internet or other Electronic Network Activity information (such as log information, IP address, access times, operating system, browser type and language, Internet service provider, and website interactions and browsing history); and,
- Inferences drawn from the above categories of Personal Information reflecting your preferences, characteristics, behaviors, psychological trends, attitudes and abilities.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, such as by creating an account or completing forms on our Website;
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website, as described in more detail below;
- From third parties, for example, our business partners and service providers; and,
- From government agencies or public records.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to a service through the Website, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website; and,
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the Website or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although [we limit access to certain pages/you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile], please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
In addition to the categories of information described above, we may also collect aggregated information or other Anonymous Information that does not directly identify you.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies; Do Not Track (DNT)
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about you, your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns. The information we collect automatically may include Personal Information, or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
We use both session cookies (which expire once you close your browser window) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until they expire or until you delete them) to provide you with more personal and interactive experiences on the Website. Persistent cookies can be removed by following the help directions for your internet browser. If you choose to disable all or most cookies, some areas of the Website may not function properly.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs). A “web beacon” is a tiny, 1×1 image that is loaded when you visit our Website, but instead of calling up an image, it causes a cookie or application to be downloaded. Web beacons can be used to track user activities, track the number of times a user has viewed a particular link or advertisement, track and optimize website traffic, display advertisements, keep track of advertising commissions, and otherwise collect data for online marketing and website analysis. As with cookies, our Website utilize both session and persistent web beacons.
The cookies that we use for functionality and security purposes are considered necessary cookies, without which the Website would not function properly. These cookies allow some of the basic functions of our Website to work properly, such as remembering your preferences as you navigate the Website. In addition, these cookies help us secure the Website by preventing cross-site request forgery attacks and by throttling excessive request rates.
You have the option to manage the cookies we use in connection with the Website as described above and through the cookie consent settings and preferences centers made available to you on the Website.
We also use Google Analytics on our Website to collect usage data, to analyze how users use the Website, and to provide advertisements to you on other websites. This information is anonymous and does not include Personal Information. Please visit the following website for information about how you can opt out of having Google Analytics collect data from you when you are using the Website: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Please note that our Website is not configured to accept and respond to web browser Do Not Track (DNT) signals. As such, if you would like to exercise your privacy rights, we encourage you to do so by submitting a request using the methods described below.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see the Choices About How We User and Disclose Your Information section below.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us or that you have consented to receive;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To provide you with notices about your account;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website;
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable laws, rules, court order, or governmental regulations;
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and,
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your Personal Information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
We may also use your Personal Information for any other purpose as disclosed at the time of collection, or when we have otherwise obtained consent.
We may create deidentified information records from Personal Information by excluding or modifying aspects of your Personal Information (such as your name or date of birth) in such a way that the information would not be capable of being identified with you as a specific individual at any time in the future. We may use this deidentified information to analyze request patterns and usage patterns so that we may enhance our products and services. We reserve the right to use and disclose deidentified information to third parties in its discretion.
Direct Marketing and Other Communications
We may periodically engage in direct marketing. You will be able to opt out at any time by following the instructions included in every e-mail sent to you via the “Unsubscribe” link contained in the email footer.
Changing the Purpose for Which We Use Your Personal Information
We will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information that we have collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice or requesting your consent at the point of collection.
We will only use your Personal Information for the purposes for which it has been provided to us, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason that is compatible with the original purpose.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may need to share your Personal Information with other organizations from time to time, but to the extent required by applicable law, rule, or governmental regulation, we will maintain responsibility for what they do with your Personal Information and how it is processed. We require all third parties to respect the security of your Personal Information and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your Personal Information for their own purposes and we only permit them to process your Personal Information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions. For example, we may share your information:
- with service providers who process Personal Information for us, including those providing data analysis, online advertising, payment processing, order fulfillment, IT services, customer service, and other similar services to us or on our behalf;
- with third party commercial partners who partner with us to deliver our services or on our commercial activities for use in accordance with the consents you have given and choices you have made, including for such third-party commercial partners to contact you regarding products or services of interest;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our employees, our customers, or others;
- to provide information to our representatives and advisors, including our attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, and security requirements;
- as you otherwise consent to or request we share your Personal Information, such as to real estate agents and potential pre-approved cash buyers, as requested by you as part of our matching service; and,
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Dweck Properties, Ltd.’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Dweck Properties, Ltd. about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
We may also share your Personal Information for any other purpose as disclosed at the time of collection, or when we have otherwise obtained consent.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request with the subject “Nevada Opt-Out Request” to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute’s opt-out requirements. Following our receipt of your request, we will make reasonable efforts to verify your identity and that the authenticity of the request. When we have verified your request, we will confirm that your Personal Information will not be sold by us. If you change your email address in the future, please note that you will need to re-register the new email address with us so we can continue to ensure that we do not sell your Personal Information.
How Long Your Personal Information is Retained
We will only keep your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it or to enable us to comply with our legal obligations or enforce our legal rights.
Generally, the length of time we keep your Personal Information will depend on the type of Personal Information and the purpose for which we are processing it. To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure, the purposes for which we process the Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
At the end of the retention period, we will either delete your Personal Information from our systems completely or anonymize it so it can be used without identifying you and without the ability to be re-associated with you in the future, such as by aggregating the information.
You can contact us if you would like further information about our retention policy by using the information in the Contact Us section below.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your Personal Information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us using the information in the Contact Information section below.
We have put in place appropriate technological and organizational security measures to help prevent your Personal Information from being accidentally lost, used, altered, accessed, or disclosed in an unauthorized way. In addition, we limit access to your Personal Information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your Personal Information on our instructions and subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected Personal Information breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. If you choose, or are provided with, a username, password, or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to the Website, or any portion thereof, using your username, password, or other security information. You agree to notify use immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your username or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer or device so that others are not able to view or record your password or other Personal Information. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the information you hold for your username, password, or other information related to your account. You may be held liable for losses incurred by us as a result of your failing to keep your login information secure and confidential.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information when it is received by us, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Website. Amy transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for any circumvention of any privacy settings or security measured related to the Website.
Our Website is not intended for and we do not knowingly request or gather Personal Information from users who are under the age of 16. No one under age 16 may provide any Personal Information to or on the Website. If you are under 16 years of age, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or username you may use.
If Personal Information is gathered from a child under the age of 16 and we learn that the Personal Information is the information of a child under the age of 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you, as a parent or guardian of the child, believe that we might have Personal Information from a child under the age of 16 or the applicable minimum age in your jurisdiction, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will delete the Personal Information from our records within a reasonable period of time. Please note that you may have to reach out to our Partners separately to delete the Personal Information from their records.
1200 17th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20036